W I L D F I R E S (and other bad stuff)
family
2007-07-14 17:14:42 UTC
We are seeing a lot of *wildfires* that are just a little to close for
comfort.
The wild grass is so dry that if you rub it vigorously between your hands
you risk a nasty burn.
It will make fore a bleak winter forage situation for the wildlife.
If that was not enough we have had *7* local river drowning so far, and
counting we are sorry to say.
We have a massive search for a local *30+year old divorced mother* who has
gone missing, her car was found a few days ago, it had been deliberately
torched.
Our Search and Rescue teams are stretched to the limit, as are fire fighting
crews.
It is very hot and dry and very problematic to feed and give fresh drinking
water to those dedicated people and the volunteers who are helping them.
We are a small farming and ranching community so everyone try's to help the
best they can.

*Family is your mine theirs and ours*
amanita, pot princess
2007-07-18 15:33:37 UTC
family, the wise and powerful, said these words of wit and wisdom on
Post by family
[...]
they are draggin in forest service people from all states... My little
forest ranger gets called out a couple of times a year to fight fires
elsewhere for a couple of months at a time.

Last time he was in Florida...
Please folks... quit burning the woods. I like having my Ranger nearby
--
Weed: